A blog of :

  • Frank Opinions, Humerous Experiences and Jokes to make you laugh, Poems, Funny Quips and Interesting Incidents, Facts of life, Happenings, Information, etc.

Visitors

Free counters!
Free counters!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Age Old Utterances






“Is that a tear in your shirt?”

“Where?”

“Under the arm”.

“Where? I can’t see any”.

“April fool!”


That was my wife playing the April Fool joke on me. Well, she likes to berate me all right.

Funny, my kids don’t like to play the April Fool joke on me and neither do I like to play it on them. No, I don’t think it is because of shyness on our part. It is just that they don’t like to see their father being deceived or lose his integrity and the same goes for me in relation to my kids. But they would love to play the April Fool joke on their mother, anytime! And laugh their heads off!

Funny isn’t it?

Back to my spouse playing that trick on me. I am a man with some ego. I should have torn the shirt at the arm and showed her indeed she was right all along and so I was no April fool. But then I would have become another sort of fool - a real fool. So I didn't. He! He! Better be the April fool.

******

The present lousy times will one day become ‘those good old days’. Just as those miserable times when money was hard to come by, the same boring foods on the table, daily walking 2 kilometers to school, getting whacked by teachers for forgetting to bring certain stuff, riding your vehicles on the dusty and rough roads are now extolled as ‘those good old days’.

******

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With havіn so muсh content and aгticles do
you eveг run into аnу problems of plagoгism or copyrіght infгingemеnt?
My sіte has а lоt of uniquе content I've either created myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help stop content from being ripped off? I'ԁ truly appreciate it.


Have a look аt my web blog thaumat.org

Popular Posts.....

Malaysian Newspapers of various languages

Malaysian Newspapers of various languages

ASEAN Newapapers - English

ASEAN Newapapers - English

Open Library

Beware of Scams

Beware of Scams

Go to Scams And Scams - My Other Website

See Malaysia

Products Galore! Just a social service for mankind, the money kind!

Products Galore! Just a social service for mankind, the money kind!

Simple Recent Comment Widget for Blogger / Blogspot

blogarama

blogarama - the blog directory

Followers

Blog Archive

Atom

[Valid Atom 1.0]

Visitors from 2015 - 113 Flags on 29.5.2021

free counters

Pageviews from 2015

Twitter